Dr. Haj-Hariri joined the University in the summer of 1988. He is currently Professor and Chair of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. Following completion of all his degrees at MIT he was a visiting faculty at the MAE department at Arizona State University. During 1996-97 he was a visiting faculty member at Stanford University, in the department of Chemical engineering.
Fluid Dynamics; Stability; Linear and Non-linear Wave Propagation; Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics; Aero- and Hydro-acoustics; Drop Dynamics; Computational Fluid Dynamics; Flapping Flight of Insects and Swimming of Fish; Phase-Change Heat Transfer; Passive Thermal Management; Intelligent HVAC; Multifunctional Heat-pipes.
- Sankaranarayanan, K., Huang, W., Stan, M., Haj-Hariri, H., Ribando, R., and Skadron, K., On the granularity of thermal management, Integration, the VLSI Journal , (2011)
- Kil, S.-W., Humphrey, J.A.C., and Haj-Hariri, H, Numerical study of the flow-structure interactions in an air- or helium-filled simulated hard disk drives, Microsystem Technologies DOI: 10.1007/, s00542-011-1375-y (2011)
- Kil, S.-W., Humphrey, J.A.C., and Haj-Hariri, H, Experimental study of the flow-structure interactions in an air- or helium-filled hard disk drive model, Microsystem Technologies DOI: 10.1007/, s00542-011-1374-z (2011)
- Utz, M., Haj-Hariri, H., and Begley, M.R., Microfluidic Waves, Lab on Chip 11, 3846-3854 (2011)
- Knopse, C.R. and Haj-Hariri, H., Capillary force actuators: Modeling, dynamics, and equilibria, Mechatronics doi:10.1016/, j.mechatronics.2011. (2011)